Thursday, November 29, 2012

No hate, no judgment - Homosexuality Part One


*Disclaimer: this is a touchy subject, and I know that many will disagree with what I have to say.

I believe that there is right and wrong, not much of relativist thinker here. I believe that homosexuality is wrong. (Wow, did I just claim that in a country and culture that will now call me judgmental, or maybe even convict me of a hate crime?) I believe that the Bible specifically tells us that it is wrong for two people of the same gender to be together, to have sex.

But...

Is it my job to judge those who live this lifestyle that I know is wrong?

Is it my job to judge anyone who does anything wrong?

Is it my job to hate those who live this lifestyle that I know is wrong?

Is it my job to hate anyone who does anything wrong?

Remember...

Just as the Bible clearly condemns homosexuality, it also condemns judging.

Just as the Bible calls for relationships to be between a man and a woman, it also calls me to love.

So...

Somehow I need to find a balance. I need to believe the Bible when it says that homosexuality is wrong, but I can't hate those who practice it. I have to realize that sin is wrong, but I need to remember that God will take care of the judging.

Also, I find it interesting that so many Christians pick this sin as their main "fight", when there are so many sins out there, there are so many people living sinful lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment